Hiring - The Skilldex® Way
At EDSI, our process for assessing employee skills leverages our proprietary Skilldex system, developed from over 30 years of experience in workforce development and customized training.
Skilldex is a web-based system that surveys individual skills and identifies and catalogs the skill needs of employers - especially employers with a shortage of workers or a high demand for specific skills. We get everybody speaking the same language by developing task-based job profiles and evaluating applicants against specific skills, responsibilities and tasks. Skilldex matches employees or job seekers to employers, producing a job match report as well as a skill gap report identifying training and skill development needs.
Hiring the Skilldex Way
Inundated with resumes? Having trouble finding and hiring the right employees? Worried about replacing the knowledge and skills of your retiring workforce? Let us put our web-based Skilldex system to work for you. We get everybody speaking the same language by developing task-based job profiles and evaluating applicants against specific skills, responsibilities and tasks.
- Job matching based on identified Skills, Responsibilities and Tasks
- Expedited recruit-to-hire processes
- Individualized training plans for new hires
- Transferable skills identification
- Knowledge loss risk assessments for "soon-to-retire" employees
- Identification of training priorities and knowledge transfer priorities
- Customized curriculum and training program development
- Measurement of skill attainment and growth
- Job competency and benchmarking
- Development of career pathways
Finally, a Process that Works...
1) Identify Position / Job Opening
2) Conduct Job Task Analysis and Create Task-based Job Profile
3) Develop and Post Online Skills Survey
4) Review Applicant Data to Determine Best Candidates
5) Complete Interviews and Finalize Hiring
6) Implement Individualized Training Plans to Close Skill Gaps
For more information, please check out our Skills Analysis page.