Career fairs have been bringing job seekers and employers together for decades. They help job seekers meet multiple potential employers in one place, and employers screen multiple candidates, thus saving time and money. So, now that we’re living in a much more physically distanced and virtual world, how can we continue playing the important role of career matchmaker? Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to, the virtual career fair.
*Cue cliché trumpet introduction jingle* :)
Benefits of Hosting Virtual Career Fairs in an LMS
There are additional benefits to hosting a virtual career fair outside of the obvious ability to adapt to the global pandemic and offer ‘at home’ job search assistance.
- Reduced cost- Companies who already employ the use of an LMS may be able to write off the technology or venue expense of hosting the career fair.
- Improved record keeping- Each time a job seeker stops by an employer’s ‘virtual booth’, uploads their resume, or schedules an interview, that information is automatically recorded and can be easily compiled into reports.
- Seamless application process- Job seekers can choose which jobs they’re interested in and directly upload their resume and/or cover letter to that specific job. They can even upload their resume directly to the employer’s email, website, or application tracking system.
- Easily accessible- Job seekers and employers can access the career fair on the go via their computer smartphone or tablet. This cuts down on travel needs, time commitments and improves accessibility for all.
- Flexible timeline- You can choose to host your virtual job fair for one day, one week, or even longer. This allows job seekers flexibility on when to attend. Want to add some urgency to the event? Offer specific times to join live Q&A’s hosted by your employers to encourage job seekers to log in during a specific timeframe.
We hope that you’re now more confident and clear on the steps involved in organizing a virtual career fair using an LMS. We believe that virtual career fairs will continue to increase in popularity as a tool community partners and employers can use to attract new talent. To learn more about other virtual job search tools that supplement the virtual job fair, check out this blog. If you have any more specific questions on how to organize your virtual career fair, please know we’re here to help!