Queens, NY CareerCompass Program
From March 2020 through June 2021, a total of 156 virtual workshops, seminars, job fairs, and guest speakers for a total of 2,198 jobseekers were offered. These included:
- A heavy emphasis on contacting jobseekers via text message and switching to the Zoom platform boosted participation in virtual workshops significantly beginning in September 2020.
- An October 2020 Wellness Fair included a social worker who spoke about mental health resources and best practices.
- Launched virtual sector-based virtual workshops in December 2020 on high priority careers such as healthcare, customer service, and technology careers.
- Multiple monthly sessions for You’re HIRED workshops, including Finding Your Fit, Time Management, Modern Interviewing Skills, and Attitude Skills for Success.
- Regular Training Fairs, Resource Fairs, and Job Fairs, all with guest speakers from the Workforce1 system, HRA, training partners, and community partners.
Philadelphia, PA System-Wide Services
In Spring of 2020, 16 virtual employer recruiting events were held in Philly and 849 referrals were captured between March and June 2020. Business Services Representatives assisted 108 essential businesses, including Amazon Robotic Maintenance, American Red Cross, UPS, Zoom, and FedEx.
Tampa, FL CareerSource Program
The CareerSource Tampa Virtual Job Fair hosted local employers that provided links, resources, and live information sessions in high-priority industries, including manufacturing, skilled trades, healthcare, customer service, finance, and IT.
Besides the general public, individuals enrolled through the Rapid Response Recovery (R3) program – initiated through CARES Act funds – and were invited to browse the job fair and interact with employers.