EDSI can help! With the Skilldex® system leading the way, we'll help you gain a greater understanding of employers' specific training needs based on a data-driven approach.
We compare your curriculum to the needs of employers who have identified current skill gaps in high-demand occupations for incumbent workers and job seekers.
- Job Task Analysis: Create a detailed job task list to thoroughly understand the knowledge and skill sets required for the job
- Workforce Skill Survey: Deliver task-based surveys to employees to measure current competencies and skill levels
- Skill Gap Analysis: Identify current workforce strengths and gaps to develop a skill gap training plan customized to employer needs
Oh-Penn Pathways to Competitiveness
The Oh-Penn Interstate Region was awarded a U.S. Department of Labor and Industry Workforce Innovation Fund (WIF) Grant to support the Pathways to Competitiveness project. Project goals targeting the manufacturing industry in the five-county region of Lawrence and Mercer Counties in Pennsylvania and Columbiana, Mahoning, and Trumbull Counties in Ohio, included the regional development and promotion of manufacturing career pathways and the enhancement of local workforce development efforts.
During this project, EDSI surveyed regional manufacturers, training providers and workforce development intermediaries to learn about the manufacturing occupations that are the most difficult to fill, better understand the challenges employers face when trying to fill open job positions with new hires, and determine the correct course of action necessary to overcome obstacles that stand in the way of regional economic and workforce development. EDSI made use of relevant data collected to conduct a Gap Analysis. A final report was delivered, including EDSI's recommendations to improve and align programs to fill career pathway gaps.
Skilldex a web application designed to better engage regional employers and provide innovative service for local job seekers and current employees. With Skilldex, you have the ability to collect, analyze and act on individual and regional skills data like never before.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Customized curriculum and training programs
- Identification of training priorities and knowledge transfer priorities
- Transferable skills identification
- Job matching based on identified skills, responsibilities and tasks
- Objective on-the-job assessments
- Individualized training plans
- Development of career pathways
- Better training services