Pottsville WIOA and EARN Programs
The Pottsville Employment, Advancement and Retention Network (EARN) Program started in July 2010. It serves the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) population of Schuylkill County with case management, job readiness, job placement and retention. In addition to these services, the program has become a subcontractor for the Welfare to Work grant which assists participants in getting to work and also delivers children to daycare. The office operates in its own location and is funded by the Luzerne-Schuylkill Workforce Development Board. The main goal of the program is to provide comprehensive activities and services to individuals who are currently receiving TANF (cash assistance). The focus of the program is to assist participants to become self-sufficient.
- The EARN program is an employment and training program designed to help the participants increase their income so that they are able to support themselves and their families without the need of TANF
- EARN offers additional resources throughout Schuylkill County as well as Special Allowances from the County Assistance Office
- EARN helps assist our participants through all aspects of the program from enrollment, job placement and job retention. The EARN staff helps to resolves any issues that may arise throughout their time in the program.
- All participants receive the resources that are needed for their job search activities from resume writing, interview skills and job leads.
- The main goal of the EARN program is for participants of Schuylkill County to find employment within 180 days and retain employment for 20 hours or more per week for up to one year.
The Luzerne-Schuylkill County Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) serves unemployed and underemployed individuals who meet eligibility criteria. In addition to assessments, a variety of job readiness workshops are offered. The EDSI Business Services unit contributes to this team by providing extensive employer services to businesses throughout Schuylkill County. On-the-Job Training is a wage reimbursement program provided to employers hiring individuals referred by PA CareerLink®.