EDSI's Michelle Knierim authored an article titled "Can't Find Talent?" in which she discusses 3 strategies organizations can implement to grow and attract talent.
EDSI was recognized as a "Top WorkPlace," a "Cool Places to Work," a "Best and Brightest Company," and a "Sustainability" leader as 2016 came to a close.
WXYZ Detroit helped to promote EDSI Livonia's efforts to connect jobseekers and employers at a local job fair.
Produced by the Richmond-based consulting agency Magnum Economics and the Michigan-based consultant Educational Data Systems Inc. (EDSI), the report features data gathered from a combination of surveys, one-on-one interviews with employers, and a gap analysis based on occupation projections for the region and the number of workers coming out of established education and training pipelines.
The Greater Washington Workforce Needs Assessment study, which was released by The Northern Virginia Technology Council in partnership with with Northern Virginia Community College and produced by Mangum Economics and EDSI, found that more than 80 percent of employers in the region's highest-demand industries consider soft skills the most important in their hiring decisions.
Tom White featured in the News & Observer writing about the Backpacks to Briefcases program in North Carolina - helps recent college graduates - who are unemployed or underemployed - land a paid internship and a job.
Through Field of Dreams Uganda, an organization with a mission to provide hope for the orphaned and vulnerable children of Uganda through the vehicles of soccer and Education, EDSI donated to support the construction of a new soccer field at Humble United Methodist School.
20 Juniors in high school will be completing a construction and training internship this summer. The program consists of three phases including a seven week internship, during which students will earn $12/hour.
- Looking to recruit and attract top talent to your organization - we can help! https://t.co/pB0v2Cb3kM Jul 19 at 08:00am
- “Meet our new interns at Bucks – The A Team - Alexandra, Alyssa, and Amanda!” https://t.co/mNv3VJIC58 Jul 18 at 03:41pm
- Hear from EDSI's Will Owen on the importance of developing a talent plan in today's #blog https://t.co/5lmM5tssZ1 #TalentSurvey Jul 18 at 11:44am
- Don't miss our roundtable discussion, "Winning the War on Talent" 7/19, 9-10 am, Michigan Works Livonia Service Cen… https://t.co/i7Rhu1vVDC Jul 17 at 04:01pm
- Great new #blog from our own Kevin Watson to lift your Tuesday - "Your Employees' Perception is Their Reality"… https://t.co/nvXzmUKai4 Jul 11 at 01:39pm