Populations Served: Employers
EDSI develops and maintains strong relationships with employers to assess their hiring needs, secure job orders and help fill available positions with qualified employees. The Business Solutions team acts as a liaison between the One-Stop and employers to provide Business Services:
- Job task analysis and skill gap analysis through our proprietary Skilldex system to help employers better define their needs
- Referral of employers to existing business community resources
- Assistance to employers on retention, training, outplacement, labor market information and regulatory compliance
- Collaboration with other business resource organizations in the community to share information on available services with employers
- Identification of training opportunities and resources from equipment manufacturers, vendors, employer associations, educational and training institutions and other sources
- Meetings with the One-Stop Employer Services team and all One-Stop Job Development staff to ensure coordination of employer outreach
- Brokering of On-the-Job Training (OJT) agreements with employers
- Development of industry partnerships and supplementing existing research on industries and industry trends
This model provides the opportunity for placements to increase for special populations, and retention rates to stabilize, due to pinpointing the appropriate fit for the employee/employer the first time. It also allows the opportunity for an increased number of employers to place workers into training to increase their skill levels, thus opening entry-level positions and allowing for low-skill placements to be made.
The Business Solutions Team is responsible for the expenditure of Employee Upgrade Training funds and helping to utilize On-the-Job Training (OJT) funds based on employer referrals. The team is aware of funds that may be leveraged from other sources and works to secure them for employers.
Employer Engagement Podcast
EDSI employee Kris Harrell, Business Solutions Manager in Berks County, PA, was interviewed by Coffey Consulting regarding employer engagement. Kris describes effective practices on the topics of employer engagement and on-the-job training.
EDSI Job Fair
A glimpse into a job fair hosted by EDSI's Westland location where participants connect with prospective employers to make successful career transitions.