Non-Custodial Parent and Re-entry Programs
Populations Served: Non-Custodial Parents and Ex-Offenders
Non-Custodial Parent Programs
Populations ServPopulations Served: Non-Custodial Parents
We’ve worked with the non-custodial parent (NCP) population since 1999. We designed the original non-custodial parent program in Pennsylvania and began our association with the Philadelphia Family Court in 2004. We also operate successful non-custodial parent programs in Pittsburgh and Delaware County, PA.
We help participants gain permanent, sustainable, unsubsidized employment. This leads to an increase in child support payments, a decrease in arrearages, and greater participation in their children’s lives. Re-unification between parents and children begins with financial stability.
Most of our current NCP participants have criminal backgrounds. Our Job Developers work closely with “second chance” employers who agree to work with ex-offenders.
Our NCP employment programs eliminate barriers between the client and employment through:
· Job Readiness Classes that teach skills assessment, resume writing, the application process, conflict resolution and interviewing techniques
· Job Search Assistance that helps clients to use the internet for computer-based job searches and fill out online job applications
· Job Placement Assistance helps clients achieve their earnings potential, thereby allowing them to pay child support and pay down arrearages
· Job Retention Assistance provides clients with case management services
Our award-winning video “Stepping Up to Fatherhood” highlights EDSI’s successful Pennsylvania NCP Placement and Retention Program.
Populations Served: Ex-Offenders
We provide reentry services to ex-offenders recently released from incarceration. These individuals need jobs in order to become self-sufficient members of their communities.
- Skills assessment through our proprietary Skilldex system
- Job readiness workshops
- Job search assistance
- Case management and referrals to agencies for help in removing barriers to employment
- Job placement
- Job retention
Peer group support to deal with adjusting to a new job and reconnecting with family members
Stepping Up to Fatherhood
"Stepping Up to Fatherhood," winner of a 2011 Telly Award in the non-broadcast productions, social issues category, focuses on EDSI's successful Pennsylvania Non-Custodial Parent Placement and Retention Program, and the potential benefits for its Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) clients.
Giving Fatherhood a Chance
Learn more about EDSI’s non-custodial parent programs. Learn how we support clients in transition to provide for themselves as well as their children.