What is a Training Needs Analysis?
When it comes to learning and development, training needs analysis (TNA) is a process which helps you review the current state of your organization’s training. It is a highly valuable tool to aid in the design and development of an effective training program
In specific terms, the analysis will help determine what skills and knowledge employees need in order to excel in their job. In a broader sense, a training needs analysis helps identify skill gaps that strongly impact the company mission, and new skills which need to be developed. Think of this as a performance improvement tool to use in the following situations:
- to update employees on business process changes or improvements
- when new equipment or technology is being introduced into the workplace
- to address changes in laws or industry regulations
- to realign job functions due to restructuring
- to address the performance gaps demonstrated by particular employees.
If you’re ready to dig into the steps of conducting a training needs analysis, our downloadable guide is your go-to resource. Use it to navigate the step-by-step process of conducting your training needs analysis.