CareerSource Tampa Bay - Tampa Center
9215 N. Florida Ave.
Tampa, FL 33612
Monday–Friday 8 am to 5 pm (Open 8 am to 12 pm on the 3rd Friday of each month)
Customers are able to submit a ticket into our contact center as well through this webpage: http://www.careersourcetampabay.com/contact-us/
CareerSource Tampa Bay offers a full range of career planning services for professional and entry-level candidates, including career orientation; turnkey resource centers that assist in the candidate’s job search; career fairs; interviewing techniques; labor market information specific to occupations and industries in demand; resume building tips, salary and wage information; professional networking and more.
CareerSource Tampa Bay strengthens the competitive edge of local businesses in measurable ways that lead to the economic vitality of the region. A team of business consultants, dedicated to specific industry sectors, works as a partner with local businesses to provide innovative, value-added workforce solutions.
CareerSource Tampa Bay provides businesses with a wide range of professional services, including: employee referral and recruitment, training and retraining, workshops and business seminars on a variety of human resource and workforce topics, labor market statistics, targeted career fairs, downsizing and retention support strategies, tax credit information and other customized support for a well-trained workforce.
CareerSource Tampa Bay offers full-service center locations in Tampa and Brandon, and a satellite center in Ruskin. The centers provide services for employers and employment candidates, including turnkey business centers for copying, faxing, and internet access. Centers also offer conference and meeting space at affordable rates at these locations for the convenience of employers.
Services We Provide
WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker
- Individualized career services to return-to-work candidates
- Assessment of skill levels and interest profiles
- Creation of an individualized career development plan
- Resume assistance
- Labor market information
- Interview coaching
- Job search assistance
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- OJT WIOA-eligible participants are offered occupational skills and training essential to the performance of a specific job. OJT is an “learn and earn” employment model where participants may upgrade, retool and increase employability skills. OJT addresses local employers’ workforce needs, enhances the skills of the participants and aids employers in attaining a qualified, skilled workforce with the competencies that are needed.
- Occupational Skills Training
- Includes tuition assistance through WIOA funding. The WIOA program can include assistance with instructional costs, books, materials, and uniforms/supplies. The primary focus of this funding is education and training for this area’s targeted occupations. Upon completion of an approved training program, CareerSource Tampa Bay will help match your skills with jobs that are currently in demand.
WIOA Youth Training
- Career Exploration
- Employability Skills Training, including Financial Literacy
- Career Coaching and Guidance
- Tuition Assistance
- Limited Supportive Services and Incentives
- Paid Work Experience (PWE)
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Summer Job Connection (SJC)
National Dislocated Worker Grant: As a result of COVID-19, many nonprofit efforts need additional support to meet our community’s needs. Through the National Dislocated Worker Grant, individuals can obtain 12-16 weeks of paid training through Paid Work Experience in a nonprofit organization
Apprenticeship Programs: Apprenticeship programs consist of hands-on training combined with supplemental classroom instruction. Apprentices earn a progressive wage working full-time for a sponsoring employer learning the skills of the trade
Click here to view available apprenticeship programs in Hillsborough County.
Professional Talent of Tampa Bay (PTT): PTT offers career transition services to professional jobseekers through networking, workshops and business partnerships. Meetings will be held weekly and include networking opportunities along with career advice and job search tips from guest speakers.
Employability Skills Training – Workshops: CareerSource Tampa Bay’s Employment Skills Training gives you the additional tools you need to effectively use internet job sites, market yourself with a great resume and be prepared for an interview. If you’re looking for the same engaging and interactive experience without having to leave home, signup for our virtual workshops.
- Priority of Service for our Service Men and Women
- Career and Job Counseling
- Providing Labor Market Information on the jobs and employers in this area
- Assistance in tailoring skills and abilities to the job market
- Assistance with Hot Jobs and with the jobs listed locally
- Help using the Internet to expand your job searches
- Recommendations for training and education to qualify for better jobs and careers
- Information on Veteran Job Programs and Training
- Assistance and Instruction in use of the Resource Room Facilities
- Resume Preparation and Critique
- Developing Jobs for those Vets with barriers to employment
- Providing referral information on social service and family support
- Linking Vets with Department of Veterans Affairs Medical and Benefits Information
Military Family Employment Advocacy Program: The Military Family Employment Advocacy Program (MFEA) is a state program designed to deliver priority workforce services for eligible military family members through Military Family Employment Advocates, located at MacDill Air Force Base.
Transition Assistance Program (TAP): The Transition Assistance Program (TAP) at MacDill Air Force Base prepares separating military personnel on resume preparation, interviewing techniques and salary negotiation tips. It also offers targeted career fairs, labor information as well as support for spouses. Services are offered on location at MacDill AFB.
Services to Military Spouses: We provide workforce related services to the spouses of service men and women who serve in the military. CareerSource Tampa Bay offers the necessary tools needed for a smooth transition into a new community, assist in the job searching process and help prepare for employment.
- Dedicated business sector consultants
- Recruitment & job posting services
- Professional outsourcing services
- Specialized pre-screening & candidate search
- Targeted career fairs & recruitment events
- Training grants for new & existing employees
- Labor market information
- All resources & services at NO COST to you
- Incumbent Worker Training
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Work Experience
Recruiting & Hiring Assistance
- Advertise Positions on Statewide Job Portal
- Host Business Hiring Events
- Pre-screen Candidate Search
- Career Fairs & Networking Events Programs & Resources
- Business Sector Focus
- Labor Market Data