Delaware County EARN, Youth, NCP and OJT Programs
Monday-Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
160 East 7th Street
Chester, Pennsylvania 19013
EDSI (Educational Data Systems, Inc.) is a private workforce development and consulting company that has worked with public sector, private industry and labor organizations since 1979. EDSI has operated the Delaware County EARN program since 2000; the Delaware County Noncustodial Parent (NCP) program since 2006; the Delaware County In-School Youth program since 2013; the Delaware County Re-Entry Program since 2014; and the Delaware County On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program, in partnership with the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce, since 2015. For all these programs, we have consistently met or exceeded goals and performance outcomes.
EDSI provides employment and training opportunities to adults and dislocated workers, noncustodial parents, ex-offenders, youth, unemployed, underemployed, or other economically disadvantaged populations.
Services We Provide
- Responsible for providing job readiness, placement, and retention services to Delaware County Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Assists unemployed or underemployed populations in achieving self-sufficiency through job readiness training, job development, job placement and case management services so they can obtain jobs in order to meet their financial obligations.
- Work-based learning and skills training to include credentialed on-the-job training opportunities. For those re-entering the workforce with a criminal background and/or successful completion of a rehabilitation program
- Offers employers an opportunity to hire pre-screened applicants, while saving a substantial amount of money on training costs. Training costs are reimbursed at a 50% rate for the length of the training period with a $5,000 cap per trainee. Energy, healthcare and manufacturing are the primary job sectors for the OJT Program.
- Combined partnership between the Delaware County Office of Workforce Development, EDSI, and Ridley High School. The program provides several services including job/internship placement, job coaching and introduction to post-secondary education options through weekly workshops and summer internship opportunities.