Transition is undoubtedly something every organization experiences – the ebb and flow of people entering and exiting various roles. Some organizations have mastered a process of continuous succession planning. Yet, many businesses remain unprepared for sudden or imminent changes that require immediate action.
EDSI has developed a succession planning process to address changes such as retirement, leadership transition and loss of key people. The process focuses on the collection and analysis of specific data, allowing for highly customized solutions.
Ultimately, succession planning is an ongoing process and can provide many important benefits including:
- Transfer of critical business knowledge
- Supply of qualified leadership candidates
- More defined career pathways
- Improved cross-functional development
- Sustainable organizational success